Recently I was asked to reviews a screen capture utility called SnapIt 3.7. I was bit skeptical as I was happy with screen capture feature in Microsoft OneNote. I'm happy to realize SnapIt provides much more features than OneNote. It's small & doesn't add any noticeable overhead, though I hate to add another icon to the task bar. To summarize it:
- supports hotkeys, auto-saving, clipboard, etc.
- copies screenshots to the clipboard so works with any app
- tracks capture history, auto-saves captured images
- auto-names captured images
- can save in many formats, e.g., BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG & TIFF